At Prime Buchholz, we’re driven every day by our mission—and passion—to help our clients build the financial strength necessary to turn their visions into reality.
The Investment Analyst is involved in all quantitative and qualitative aspects of the client relationship. This high profile position is integral to the success of the client relationship. The Investment Analyst must understand, demonstrate knowledge, and apply investment concepts and principles to a broad spectrum of client portfolios.
As the primary contact for clients, the Investment Analyst handles day-to-day client requests while coordinating with various departments to complete deliverables. The Investment Analyst works closely with the Firm’s consultants to meet clients’ needs.
After an initial orientation period at our Portsmouth, NH headquarters, this position may be based primarily in Portsmouth or Boston.
• Conduct analyses, prepare materials, and present recommendations to the Firm’s senior consultants
• Communicate effectively and clearly based on a thorough understanding of client needs
• Maintain relationships with existing clients and present investment strategies via phone and electronically
• Demonstrate knowledge of the roles traditional and alternative asset classes serve in a diversified portfolio
• Complete monthly and quarterly client performance reports and ad hoc reports as required by clients or the Firm’s consultants
• Draft and maintain Investment Policy Statements (IPS) for clients
• Analyze client exposures, including but not limited to: IPS adherence, geography, liquidity, capitalization, and fees
• Prepare rebalance recommendations as needed based on IPS targets and spending requirements
• Facilitate capital activity paperwork across managers and custodians to ensure efficient and timely movement of monies
• Oversee portfolio analysis: mean-variance asset allocation modeling, historical stress tests, stochastic spending forecasts, total portfolio, and manager attribution
• Write effective, qualitative commentary based on the aggregate client portfolio and individual manager positions
• Work in a team environment with junior analysts and senior investment professionals
• Exercise discretion and sound independent judgment on client-related matters
• Coordinate and collaborate with all of the Firm’s resources/personnel in fulfilling client needs
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or business-related field; MBA degree and/or CFA or CAIA designation (or progress toward these credentials) preferred
• Prior experience in relationship management
• Minimum of five years investment industry experience
• In-depth knowledge of the structure, liquidity, and appropriateness of various investment vehicles
• Experience with investment performance measurement and accounting
• Attention to detail, strict adherence to deadlines, and advanced problem-solving skills
• Must be a team player with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Must demonstrate commitment, dependability and respect for other employees with regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced Excel skills—specifically the ability to generate custom models—and experience with Microsoft Office products
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Competitive pay and benefits – May include matching 401k contributions, profit-sharing, discretionary bonuses, health/dental/vision insurance plans, and generous paid time off.
• Meaningful work and mission – You already know we help bring our clients’ dreams to fruition; what sets us apart is that we do it with a rare independence that allows us to put clients first—always.
• Direct access to firm principals – Our size allows for firmwide collaboration and regular exposure to our leaders.
• Respect for (and flexibility that allows for) work/life balance – And—while you’re at the office—a genial, collaborative office culture.
• Opportunities for growth, both personal and professional – We encourage professional development and internal advancement. We also actively support our employees’ community volunteerism, as well as mental and physical health activities.
• Location – City vibe or country charm—you don’t have to choose. We’re headquartered in the small, historic city of Portsmouth, NH. And while it may be small, it packs cultural, culinary, and entertainment punches strong enough to keep ears ringing nationwide.
• Fun! – There’s no taking away from how seriously we take our mission, but we also enjoy a relaxed atmosphere. We even have a Fun Committee. Think catered lunches, firm outings and activities, lunchtime fitness classes, and more.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prime Buchholz is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.